Doula/Labor Support Services
* Prenatal visit, helping you create a vision for your delivery plus a birth plan.
* Phone and email support as needed during pregnancy and immediately postpartum.
* Emotional, physical & spiritual support during labor and birth.
* Patient advocacy during labor and birth.
* Providing a bottle of “Gentle Baby” essential oil for delivery.
* YoGila’s Yoga Nidra Meditation CD for you & baby.
* A postpartum visit sometime between two weeks and one month after delivery to ask questions regarding the baby and lactation. We'll review the birth and allow you to give me feedback regarding my role in the experience.
I look forward to providing you with emotional and physical support, advocating for your needs and wants, and educating you to aid in your informed decisions about your birth. Some of the nurturing aspects I provide are massage, music, aromatherapy, acupressure, help with relaxation and visualization, breathing techniques, advice on optimal fetal positioning, suggestions for labor positioning, hot/cold packs, assistance with staying hydrated and nourished, information on herbs, and help with backache relief measures.
I am available 24-hours a day, 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after, your due date. You will be given my home and cellular phone number, as well as those of my backup doula. I prefer you call me even if you only think you are going into labor. I can answer questions and make suggestions over the phone. We will decide then if I should come over right away or wait for further change. I will remain with you throughout active labor and birth. If, due to extraordinary circumstances, I am unable to be with you, my back-up doula will come. You will never be left alone.
I do reserve the right to call my back-up doula if I become ill, if your labor extends longer than 24 hours, or if we agree that I cannot properly support you. This is in your best interest and protects your birth experience.
I usually remain with you 1-2 hours after the birth, to make sure you are settled, comfortable and your family is ready for some quiet time together. I am available by phone and email to answer any questions you may have and can help you with referrals if I am unable to help. I will contact you after the delivery to schedule the postpartum visit. This visit is to see how you are doing, review the birth, admire your baby, and obtain feedback from you about my role.
Remember, I am independent and self-employed, so as your doula, I am working for you, not your caregiver or hospital.
REMEMBER TO ASK ME ABOUT PLACENTA ENCAPSULATION !
Testimonials and Podcasts
2.) Here is a link to an audio interview you may find interesting! https://www.nobodysview.com/e20-doula-gila-shire-support-birth-beyond/
View the contract here.
Printable version here.